Recovering city areas, making future-proof cities | UN Years on Environment Reconstruction launch
See this video clip to be influenced by leaders from cities as well as global organisations!
ICLEI held this Top-level Panel Occasion on 1 June 2021 as component of the main launch program of the UN Years on Environment Reconstruction.
-Ana María Hernández Salgar, Chair of IPBES (Intergovernmental Science-Policy System on Biodiversity as well as Environment Providers)
– Mauricio Vila Dosal, Guv of the State of Yucatán, Mexico
– Kobie Brand Name, Replacement Assistant General of ICLEI, that chaired the occasion.
– Lena Chan, Senior Citizen Supervisor, International Biodiversity Preservation Department, Singapore National Parks Board
– Anuela Ristani, Replacement Mayor for International Matters, Tirana, Albania
– Cheryl Jones Hair, Replacement Lord Mayor of Växjö Town, Sweden
– Chumisa Thengwa, Supervisor: Biodiversity Effect Analysis at eThekwini Town (Durban), South Africa
Cities are typically viewed as concrete forests with little space or assumed saved for nature. Yet individuals are significantly recognizing that greener cities are healthier, better as well as much more resistant areas. Just how can we include much more environment-friendly to the grey? Just how can we revitalise the existing city ecological communities – such as parks, road trees, rivers, shorelines as well as spots of woodland? As well as just how can cities, as engines of advancement, development community repair?
Find out more regarding ICLEI as an International Companion of the Years right here: https://cbc.iclei.org/the-decade/
Find out more regarding the UN Years on Environment Reconstruction right here: https://www.decadeonrestoration.org/